Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pedicures and Argentina Dinner

5.29.08
After a rough night of sunburn pain and the stomach bug, I was grateful to know we had a very relaxing and laid-back day ahead of us. We didn’t have any plans, and I was so grateful.
As I laid in bed for most of the morning, Justin, Trey, Larry and Marie went to the beach and enjoyed the water and sunshine. I felt like I was missing out on so much so I eventually joined them on the beach and sat in the shade while Trey buried himself in the sand and built sand castles. Talk about relaxing!
Marie and I had decided that we were going to treat our feet to a pedicure. It was raining and also Trey’s nap time, so we figured, there wasn’t much else we could do. So, we found a local mall, which was fabulous by the way, and searched the mall directory for anything that even resembled a salon, spa or nail shop. We finally found a shop that was called, “Pretty Nails.” Off we were trying to find “Pretty Nails”, and along the way, we asked beauty shops and kiosks if they knew where to get pedicures. I wish we had known how to say “Pedicure” in Spanish, because we were sent in all directions, one lady showed us her wide assortment of nail files, while another lady showed us her different polishes. NO, we wanted a pedicure. We finally came to “Pretty Nails” and thankfully the woman at the front desk spoke English very well! She said she had 2 appointments for us in one hour, AND the price: $16! I couldn’t believe it! I have NEVER spent that little for a pedicure! I was excited already and we hadn’t even had our nails painted! We had one hour to walk around. We looked at purses, shoes, and then we came across a Wal-Mart type of store and thought we could look for Mexican Vanilla. Well, they were out of Mexican Vanilla, but as we were passing the toddler clothes section, I thought I should probably purchase a pack of underwear for Trey. We didn’t have laundry facilities and I was afraid Trey would be running out soon. I asked a sales clerk, in my best form of Spanish where the toddler underwear would be, and she pointed me in the direction of the bras. WHAT? We eventually found the underwear, and I had a very limited selection of underwear. The first kind was a three pack of BIKINI briefs. I about died. They were cute enough, but a little to mature for our little Trey-Man. Then, Larry pointed out a cute pair of Boxer Briefs. They were really cute, a little too expensive for me, but I thought they would do. THEN I caught a glimpse at the waist band. The waist band had printed across it: SEX Kids. I about DIED. WHAT THE HECK? I could just imagine what Miss Michelle would say when she found Trey wearing Sex Kids underwear when she took him to the restroom at daycare. Then I thought about Alyce and Kelby, the nursery leaders. What if they took Trey to the restroom and they saw his hideous, NASTY Sex Kids underwear?! I couldn’t BELIEVE someone would buy a pair of underwear for a two year old with that written across the waist band. I should have just bought the a pair as a total and complete joke, but I decided to purchase the third pack I saw which were tighty-whities. Much better for my little Trey-Man.
At that point it was time for our Pedicure. It was the best pedicure I have ever had. Maybe because it was so cheap, but honestly, the paint job was fabulous, just perfect!

This was my pedicure lady! I think she thought I was NUTS by taking her picture. I also wanted to take this picture of my horrible sunburn, which should always remind me to put sunscreen on!


This was Marie's pedicure lady, hamming it up for the camera. She was so cute and very accomidating. She was trying to talk in as much English as she could. Poor Marie couldn't understand a word she was trying to say, so I was desperately trying to tell Marie what she was saying. It was quite comical!!!

When we arrived back at the hotel room, Trey was awake and watching TV with Justin. We decided to hit the pool, I stayed poolside so I wouldn't ruin my new polish job and took pictures of Trey!




There were two couples swimming in the kiddie pool that Trey kept staring at. Finally, he turned to me and said, "Mom, are those "EW GIRLS"?" Just to preface, any girl in a swimsuit, usually a bikini, or a sports bra and shorts, is considered an "EW GIRL." Don't ask me where he got it, but that is what he called him. And actually, these girls in the pool were in their mid 20's, and should know better then to wear the itsy-bitsy bikini's they were sporting. So, I just nodded and said, "Yes." He then replied, "They are NASTY!" And just as he yelled that, one of the girls was getting out, practically mooning me with her barely there bikini bottoms. Thankfully, these couples were speaking in another language and I just prayed they didn't know English!

Dinner was spent at what was supposed to be the best Argentina food in town, but we were not impressed. I guess you couldn’t have fowled up my dinner, a salad and breaded chicken, but I think Marie and Larry were very disappointed. A small slab of Angus Beef with a small, thin strip of pepper for color is all they got with their order.


The night was spent taking pictures of the sunset and watching the nightly Pirate Ship float by!





2 comments:

Vicki said...

Holy Cow Rebecca! You're legs are so red, you poor thing. I love the picture of the Pirate Boat!! That was one of our highlights on our trip, did you and Justin go? It was so much fun!

Angie Miller said...

I died laughing. Died. Sex kids? Nasty bikini girls? I am dying.