Monday, March 16, 2009

Running

1.12.09
I HATE running. Unless I am running FROM something, or running to something (like running into work because I am running late, or running to grab my son who is driving his power wheel jeep into oncoming traffic), otherwise, I detest it. Well, it has been a few months since having Tian and I am still not impressed with my post baby body. So, I have enlisted Trey as my running partner and I have set out to run around the block, in total darkness so my neighbors can't see my VERY awkward gait. I am afraid they would lose sleep over the sight of my slow jog and disgusting technique.

Tonight, two very funny things occurred. First, I was changing in my room as Trey watched on. Yes, we don't have much privacy in our home, unless Trey is using the restroom and demands it. As I was changing, Trey said, with a very enthusiastic voice, "Mom, YOU have another baby in your tummy," as he touched my flabby stomach. I think I crushed his excitement when I told him I wasn't going to have a baby for a very long time and that I was just flabby.

The Second funny thing was the get-up Trey wore as we ran. Needless to say, the cowboy hat didn't stay on for very long. (we will blame the excessive wind, from me running so incredibly fast, that blew his hat off!)




Trey sits in the jogging stroller, holds the flashlight and talks my ear off. It is very difficult to answer all of his questions as I am trying to truck along. Here are some of his questions:

"Mom, why do you spit on the ground?" (yes, an attractive trait of mine as I am slowly chugging along!)

"Mom, why can't we see Heaven?"

"Mom, why do those people have a reindeer in their yard? Is it CHRISTMAS again?!" (I squashed THAT question as fast as I could!!!)

"Mom, when Tian dies, can we get another baby?" (WHAT THE HECK? Tian isn't an animal!!! I was so sad by this question!)

"Mom, when Cooper dies, can we get a cat? Or can we get a dog and name it Gilbert?" (NO, we will NEVER get a cat, and it will take a very long time to talk me into another dog.)

By the time I am done with my "run," I am physically, and mentally exhausted!

4 comments:

The Godell Family said...

Oh my heck! This blog post is totally me. I HATE to run, but like you I am trying to lose baby ugh from the waisteline. Keep up the good work.

Travis and Marie said...

You probably look fine when you're running....good for you! Sounds like Trey is a very inquisitive little guy....sometimes they say the strangest things...break your heart kinds of things....my kids talk about dying all the time - they are excited to live with HF again....it makes me sad that they love the idea so much. And if you want my opinion...you look so good! You don't even need to run....:)

Alyce Dribnak said...

I hate running too, so why don't you join me. We should train for the breast cancer run/walk thing coming up. I don't want to hear any excuses....

Angie Miller said...

You need to eat more treats. And stop running. You are gorgeous.

And Trey is going to be a newscaster.