Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Egg Hunt 2012

Every Easter, our ward holds an Easter Egg hunt following a nice breakfast. The boys look forward to searching with their friends for "the golden egg" and hardly can sleep the night before the big hunt. This year was a little special. Justin is now in the Elder's Quorom and I am now the President of the Young Women's program. We were both asked to take part in the big morning activities. Justin manned the griddle while I gathered my young women and helped hide the easter eggs. I tell you what, those youth were so excited to hide the eggs. I was shocked. I am so amazed at their willingness to serve and please others. (their parents may beg to differ, but I see it on a weekly base!) Thank heavens for sweet friends (Annabelle Jones) for watching my boys while they ate and I helped the youth hide eggs. Poor Annabelle almost had to take care of a sick Tian who kept telling her he had to throw up. (Thankfully he warns us before he spews, and thankfully, this morning was just a false alarm.)

_MG_8336

_MG_8340

_MG_8331

_MG_8334

Boys patiently waiting for the Easter Egg Hunt.
_MG_8346

_MG_8347

_MG_8342

_MG_8345

And they are off!
_MG_8350

_MG_8356

This year I followed Tian around while Justin followed Trey. Needless to say, I was able to take many more pictures of Tian this year. (shhh, don't tell Trey. His feelings would be way hurt)
_MG_8354

_MG_8355

It was said that over 1,000 eggs were hidden with over 100#'s of candy! The boys ate candy all morning.... their favorite thing to do!

No comments: