Friday, September 18, 2009

Birthday Traditions

9.16.09
Little family traditions to make birthdays very special!


A "Happy Birthday" banner made with Miss Michelle's Cricket and with help from Taylor! (when Tian woke up on his birthday morning, he was all grins and giggles looking up at the banner!)
The Birthday Flag is always flown.
Signs are posted around the house. Usually they are in the shape of a heart or a number, although, this year I went all tech-y! (if you can even call it that!) I first took pictures of friends, neighbors, family, and our own dog. I then went into Photoshop and placed text on them. (I was so proud of myself when I figured out how to put text on a picture. PUH-thetic I know, but that was one of my first "goals" when I 'AQUIRED' photoshop. I wanted to put text on a picture) So, I placed these dog pictures at Tian's eye-level. He is standing and trying to walk, so all day, he was panting like a dog trying to pry these pictures off the walls. (btw, this is a picture of our sweet friends dog Mr. Magoo! Isn't he cute?!)
I also hung the pictures from the ceiling. As Tian was eating his breakfast, he was looking up at the ceiling, smiling, and panting!

ANOTHER tradition I 'inherited' from my co-worker Tonya was to hang streamers from the doorway of the birthday child's door. I hung streamers from Tian's door at about 8pm the night before his birthday, thinking he would be down for the night, but he woke up an hour later. I was afraid my little surprise was going to be spoiled, but it didn't seem to phase him a bit. The next morning when he woke up, we walked through his doorway, and he was grinning from ear to ear. He reached up to grab the streamers and squinted his eyes as we walked through the streamers! This little guy is too special for words. He deserves every tradition I have up my sleeve!

No comments: