Saturday, December 26, 2009

Old Barn

12.6.09
I have been driving past this old farm property for 8 years now and I finally got up enough guts to trespass. I wanted to get a family picture AND complete a photography class assignment all at the same time, so, against Justin's plee, I drug them all out for a quick picture. At the time, I didn't have a tripod, so I used a good old Home Depot orange 5 gallon bucket (thanks to my friend Alyce who has probably forgotten it is still in my garage. OOOPS!) and placed my camera on top. I positioned the boys, set the Timer, and away I ran! Just as I began taking pictures, the largest snowflakes began to fall! The boys and Justin were such great sports! Thank you guys!

I can't wait to come back here in the spring. There are hundreds of old tires, a few barns and sheds, PLUS, an old white farmhouse!

***Emily, this is a place we need to go together to! I think you might enjoy it!***





Notice the large white thing below Tian's bottom lip... a big snowflake! He LOVES the snow, but more importantly, he loves to EAT the snow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great spot! i'd love to go there sometime...if you haven't given up on me! your family shot is great too...so jealous that you got that on the fly!

the davis family blog said...

What a great picture. I love the spot. I can't wait to go with you. We need to get together and take some pictures of the kids!!