Sunday, February 28, 2010

Escape Artist

1.25.10

Tian woke up from his nap this afternoon and began to cry. I waited just a moment to see if he might go back to sleep but instead of his cries getting softer, they became louder, AND closer sounding. I began walking across our home to his room, and HE met ME in the hallway. I think I might have screamed just a little bit. He escaped from his crib by climbing onto his crib bumper. It should have been no surprise to me whatsoever, he climbs onto everything, but this was different.
Immediately, I began taking his crib apart and lowered the mattress down to the lowest our crib would go.
My friend Annabelle, who cut Tian's hair this afternoon told me if the "escape" scared him enough, he shouldn't do it again. She was right, he hasn't even tried it.