Thursday, February 25, 2010

Idaho City, Idaho


1.23.10

I was supposed to be working this Saturday, but, because of the lack of patients, our facility was closed! We decided to take a day trip to Idaho City to go sledding. Justin said that back in HIS days, this was an actual, functioning sledding hill with a tow rope.

When we got there, we realized we should have brought some firewood, camping chairs, and card tables. Everyone there had such a set up with food, fire, and chairs. Next time, we will make it a "picnic" I guess!

We found a hill that wasn't being used, Justin groomed a large section for us to use, and another family joined us on "our hill." The other family had two teenage boys, and after spending an hour or so with them, one of their sons said, "Watching your boys makes ME want to have a child. (Mind you, this boy was about 14 or 15, so, I thought this was quite young to be thinking about starting a family. Immediately, I thought about my new favorite show, Teen Mom which is on MTV. Watching that show would make EVERY teenager think twice about doing "the deed" let alone looking at someone of the other sex.) Anyhow, the boy corrected himself by saying, "Well, I would only want to have a kid to play in the snow with!" Whatev, I guess I should take it as a compliment. The mother of those two teenage boys saved Justin's bacon by having some Excedrine on hand. Justin was getting a sinus infection and had a terrible headache.


Trey was such a brave guy. He wanted to go on the highest point of the hill and go as fast as possible. I prayed so hard that afternoon. After watching him go down the hill by himself, I just about died. I put THAT to a stop and made him only go down with Justin.


Tian was in snow heaven, he couldn't concentrate on sledding because he was too busy eating; eating SNOW that is. That is all he wanted to do; EAT SNOW!






Here is Trey AND Tian eating snow, AT THE SAME TIME. This was not staged AT ALL. I was sitting with Trey and looked over and saw Tian head down in the snow. After checking on him, I realized he too was eating snow.














Like the scratch below Trey's right eye? A dumb puppy jumped onto Trey and scratched him. Actually, the puppy wasn't the dumb one, it was his dumb owner. She didn't seem to care in the least bit; didn't even apologize. If that was Cooper, he would have been sent to the car for the rest of the afternoon. (Cooper is our dog by the way!) I don't tolerate obnoxious dogs, ESPECIALLY if they are in a public area with small children. Boy, did I give that owner the stink eye.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I remember the tow rope. I loved it because then I didn't have to climb the hill. Glad you guys had a good time.