Monday, February 22, 2010

Millican Store

1.21.10
I have always wanted to stop at this store on the way to or from Bend, but never had the guts. I had Robert with me (more on that later!) and felt as brave as ever! Just as we pulled into to this vacent store, a jeep pulled in right after us. Two men exited the car (AND THIS is why I was SOOOOO happy I had Robert with me! No one would mess with Robert!) and seemed to be contractors looking to buy the store. This store is for sale and in a pretty quiet stretch of Highway 20.









.... and for all of you Dr. Pepper lovers (Chelsea Ann and Sonya to name just a few!), this next one is for you!
And the shoes are just a nice abstract picture. Someone had nice aim!

As we were leaving the store, I looked on the side of the store and noticed there was an even larger "Millican General Store" painted on the store. Next time, I think I will bring a chair and have Trey or Tian (Tian was asleep while we were doing this) sit with the sign in the background. Not my idea, an idea I saw on a blog from a photographer in Bend.

Thank you Robert for making "all of my dreams come true!" (a sentence stated so eloquently by our hero, Napoleon) I can now look at that store on our way to Bend in a new light!

2 comments:

Sommers said...

Love trey's hat and scarf!! Retro D.P. sign. Don't see much of those around!! Is your photo class done? When do you start up again.

sauter signs off said...

I love the picture of Trey on the Blog header. Now I'll read about wonderful Millican!