Thursday, February 11, 2010

overcoming his fears

1.20.10
It was the morning of our departure from Bend, Oregon and the car was packed. We were just about to load the boys in the car when Trey told Uncle Robert he wanted to pet a cow. He has been wanting to pet a cow for as long as I can remember, but has never gotten the chance. (or, he has never been brave enough. Take your pick!) Sweet as my brother is, Robert picked up Treyman and took him to a group of cows. I don't know how Robert did it, but Trey finally pet a cow! After Trey pet the cow, Robert said, "Now Trey, when you come back, remember, it was the #12 cow you pet" JUST in case Treyman would ever get the nerve to pet it again. Now, if we could just save that #12 cow from the slaughter for one whole season, Trey would be a happy boy!


Covering his ears, something he learned from me. I always cover my ears, instead of my eyes or mouth, when I am nervous.
And he is in for the pet! Oh, #12 cow, you are far too kind!
Ahhh, excitement of accomplishing something you feared for so many years. Robert's face is priceless. I think he is more excited then Trey about his accomplishment.
Good Bye #12 cow, until we meet again!
(The backside of my parent's property! This is a great shot of the land, their property line ends at that line of trees. BTW, the brown fury cows to the left are my favorite. The one's with the white face are Trey's LEAST favorite.)
Trey is proud, yet a little nervous, of his accomplishment. #12 cow is still eyeing the little Treyman!
And, THIS is when you know your little man needs a haircut: his hair blows in the wind JUST like his grandma's! I just love that blonde hair too much to see it go!
I'm a dork, but I thought this was a little on the artistic side.

2 comments:

sauter signs off said...

Get this Rebecca... we just bought a bull (oh, you knew that) guess what number it is..? You guessed it,#12, but it has another 4 digit number on the other ear. So now Trey will have to look at both ears!

Gina, Kevin and Lucas Samuel said...

I love the artist last picture! You definitely have an eye for photography. By the way, Lucas just LOVES that DVD you got him. I have never seen him actually sit and watch a whole show before. It is so perfect. Thank you!!!