Thursday, February 11, 2010

zumba @ athletic club of bend

1.20.10
My mom has been taking a Zumba class at the Athletic club of Bend for quite sometime now and always talks about what a workout it is. She said, "You will walk out of a Zumba Class sweating," unless you are HER, and she doesn't break a sweat at all! (to prove it, the next few pictures will PROVE it!) So, I YOU TUBED Zumba and found my favorite instructor: Nathan Blake. He is amazing, an awesome dancer, and he dances to the greatest music. ANYHOW, my mom had arranged for the two of us to take a Zumba class together! She called my friend Abbey and asked if Abbey would watch the boys for about 2 hours while we took the class. Well, Trey was still "Sharting" (I know, WAY too much info, in about 12 years from now, he will HATE me for publishing this info.) and I didn't feel comfortable leaving him in Abbey's hands. He personally would be mortified if something BAD was to happen in Abbey' home. So, uncle Robert to the rescue once again. Robert stayed home with the boys while my mom and I attended the Zumba Class.

On the way to the class, I spilled my 16oz water bottle on my lap. I looked like I had peed my pants. So, the only logical thing I could think of, for the short drive we had, was to hang my pants out the window and let them dry. (My mom later informed me, just as we were pulling into the Club's parking lot, that the Zumba room was only lit with Christmas lights! I was a little at ease, but not much!) I was hoping no one would see me in my underwear sitting in the front seat of the car.

The class was AMAZING! I loved the music, I loved the atmosphere, I LOVED the instructor. She was a tiny little thing with hips that moved like no one's business. The class was full of ladies, ranging from about 24 to 80. The 80 year olds stood right in front of my mom and me, so, I felt right at home. I probably moved just as well as the 80 year olds! I had to take a drink between each song, my heart rate was up the whole class, and I was redder then a strawberry once we left.

I was so happy I went, I was more excited to get home to my Nathan Blake and work on his little routines!

So, back to me sweating like a pig, and my mom not breaking a sweat. I was so hot and nasty, I fogged up my mom's window. I had to take a picture just to prove how hot I was. STILL, after 15 minutes of taking the class!


Now, look at the picture of me and my mom. We took the same class, and I look as if I had ran a marathon. My mom, on the other hand, looks like she sat and WATCHED me run a marathon. Lucky her, she doesn't sweat!


Thank you mom for taking me to Zumba! I will continue to do my You Tube, and think of you every day!

4 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

I love love love Zumba! I go to a class once a week - it's so much fun and I have absolutely no rhythm - I am quite sure that there are people in the class that get a great ab workout just laughing at me in the front row trying to be coordinated. :) Such fun though!

Amanda said...

I like to go to youtube and enter "zumba cornwall" cause that gal has some nice routines and videos. You can also type in zumba followed by the name of a song you had in class. It's interesting to see the different routines!

sauter signs off said...

I am still laughing at the fogged window. I need to copy this post to my Blog.. you are so good Rebecca!

Clawson Family said...

I'm a total loser: what is "sharting" and do I really want to know? I'll have to try Zumba-after I move. I can only fit so much in with a newborn!