Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tiny Tots Preschool fieldtrip- the Zoo

5.4.10
Trey, Tian, Ty (Trey's best buddy since birth!) and I joined Trey's preschool for the "end of the year" field trip to the Zoo. Trey was so excited to ride into Boise with his friend Ty sitting next to him in our car. I must have been driving a little fast because Ty said more then once, "Trey, your car drives fast." No Ty, your mom is probably just a more cautious driver!

When we got there, Miss Des and Miss Cherry counted all the children and placed a name tag on each child which read, "I belong with Tiny Tots Preschool" and Miss Des' cell phone number written. So smart and organized that Miss Des is!

Trey wanted nothing to do with me. Ty stuck beside me for most of our zoo tour, Trey was all over the place, jumping from one friend to the next. He secretly adores Miss Cherry and would often find her and grasp onto her hand. I hope she didn't mind. Trey wanted to point out everything to Miss Des and Miss Cherry; I tell you what, those woman have patience like no other!

Tian was amazing, sitting in his stroller pointing out different animals.

The greatest part of the zoo field trip was having Trey's cousin Tacy join the group. She goes to Preschool on Tuesday and Thursday morning, so Trey has never gotten to go on a field trip with her. Even though she had her little group of friends and Trey had his, they would join up every once in a while to chat or look at an animal. She is such a good little girl.

About Trey's sunglasses: It really wasn't that sunny and definitely not warm, "sun glass" weather, but they were new and exciting at the time, so he basically wore them everywhere. If an onlooker took a glance at Trey, they probably thought he was blind. Anyhow, he showed everyone his "Jonas Brothers" glasses. As I was walking with Trey and Miss Cherry, a child came up to Miss Cherry and said, "Hey Miss Cherry, check out my new Sketchers." Miss Cherry said immediately, "Oh, you have got to show Trey." Trey is obsessed with Sketchers and knows a little too much about brands for my liking. I was a bit embarrassed but shrugged it off.

After a tour of the zoo, we had a picnic lunch in the park across from the zoo. I packed some Lunchables for the boys which they were anxious to dig into. I remember my mom packing Lunchables for me on field trip days and thought it was the coolest thing ever. I took the boys to the grocery store the morning of the field trip so they could pick out their very own. Tian's had a jell-o cup, Trey's had a crunch bar. Tian sat with the rest of the kids eating his lunch which made me so pleased. I even had to leave Tian for a moment while I ran after Trey, who was running after a goose. I left Tian in good hands of course before I took off running and came back to find Tian sitting so nicely, still eating!

After the zoo, I bravely took the three boys into the Mall to find some school clothes for Trey at Macy's. I found some sweater vests for next year's dress code on the greatest sale. Counting Trey, Tian and Ty (only guessing how much Ty weighs), I think I pushed 105 lbs. around that store. AND, I got the stroller stuck in the middle of the lingerie section. (I promise Alyce I did NOT take Ty bra shopping, it was the only counter with an associate available!)

The 3 best buds!
Ty (notice his name tag on his fleece!)
Trey and his Best Bud Keaton watching the Lion

Ty
Trey
Alexis
Trey and Tacy holding Miss Cherry's hand
Our group stopped two or three times and counted off each child.
These next pictures are for you Grandma Marie! Aren't your grandchildren just the cutest?


Tian and his Lunchable













1 comment:

sauter signs off said...

What a fun day you must have had!