Monday, October 8, 2007

athletic club of bend








10.4.07 Trey and I accompanied my mom and Derek to the Athletic Club of Bend for some of Derek's tutoring sessions. Trey enjoyed "dribbling" the basketball on the court while Derek and his tutor shot baskets. We also got to watch Derek scale the rock wall. Derek is a phenomenal rock climber, all the people waiting to climb the wall were amazed at his skill and speed. While at the rock wall, a camera crew was filming-hopefully they got some great shots of Derek because he did GREAT! Trey sat so still while watching Derek. You could tell he was proud of his uncle. After Derek reached the top of the wall, Trey, me and Derek's tutor all cheered for him. A girl waiting to use the wall (who I later found out was a regular at the rock climbing wall and seemed to know Derek)looked at me and said, "Do you know Derek?" I said, "Yeah, he is my younger brother!" I am one proud sista!
Our visit to the Athletic Club of Bend ended in the pool, showing "Gramma Bend" Trey's swimming tricks! I swore to my mother Trey knew how to kick, blow bubbles and reach his arms, but he just wanted to jump in and out of the pool!

No comments: