Wednesday, June 4, 2008

1st day of Roaring Springs!

5.17.08
2nd year and counting, we join the crowds at Roaring Springs for their FIRST day of the season! I tried to get there before Justin and Trey so I could lay out! I laid out for about 10 minutes before getting completely bored and wishing they were with me! I treated myself to a Snicker's Icecream bar, to attribute to my Shammu physique and sat patiently for my little men!
Once the boys arrived, we compared our fun adventures from the night before, my book club retreat, Justin's first ever camping experience with Trey, and then it was off to the lazy river for some relaxation.
It was so nice to have Justin along. He could take Trey to the wave pool and down some toddler slides. Last year I took Trey down a slide that would always shoot me off the end of it and land me flat on my booty, eventually leaving a bruise and a sore back. This year I decided against the sore back and the bruised booty!

Where's Trey and Justin? Well, there are only TWO little ones in this shot, both are wearing bright yellow life vests, and just as a hint: Trey is NOT the little boys with BRIGHT red hair!

We had a fabulous time with some serious hot weather (90+ degrees) and some serious sun. Before heading out to Roaring Springs, I quickly sprayed myself with some sunscreen and missed some SERIOUSLY obvious spots. Many noticed the next day at church and a few even commented on my sunstreaked skin. NOT like I tried to miss the side of my neck or the underside of my left arm! It just happened!




Trey's sun garb. One mother actually came up to me and asked if the sunglasses and the sunhat helped protect Trey from sunburns. Are you for real lady? Oh my goodness!

"Thumb's Up" to a great first day of the summer!

No comments: