Friday, June 6, 2008

Cirque Du Soleil-Saltimbanco


5.22.08
To celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary, Justin and I enjoyed a night of high-flying entertainment! I had gotten Justin tickets to see Cirque Du Soleil, which was in BOISE of all places! Thanks to James and Tina for watching Trey-man while we enjoyed a wonderful night, celebrating our 8 years as a married couple and to get all of our wiggles out prior to our long flight to Cancun!


This was one of Justin's favorite performers! I secretly think Justin wishes he was as cool and slick on a bike as this man. This man was amazing, he could stand on his bike, do flips off of it, jump from the handle bars to the bike seat WHILE it was moving in a perfect circle-AMAZING! Justin's co-worker had attended the show the night before and he said this same performer had tried to do a back flip from the handle bars to the bike seat and missed, landing on his head. I was surprised he did so well after such a fall from the night before!

Honestly, who can have so much strength and body control to hang from these huge poles, keeping your body straight and in perfect formation. Some of these performers would climb these poles, and then do a back flip from one pole to another, catching themselves with just their legs. Scared the heck out of me! I actually found myself jumping and shrilling throughout most of the night, I was just fearing for these performers lives!

I think Trey would have been a little nervous, there were some serious costumes, some that were cute, some not so friendly. In a few years, we will be more then ready to take the Trey-man, but for tonight, we enjoyed a night to ourselves.

Thanks again James and Tina SOOOOOOOO much for watching Trey. We really appreciate you taking such great care of our little man!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds like you guys have been a busy family. I am so jealous that you went to Cancun. Congrats on the baby!

Vicki said...

I love the family picture! Trey looks like a natural with the camera, how precious. You still look like you're glowing. :) I really enjoyed your lesson today, and all the fun pictures you brought. Was one of the pieces you had suppose to be the tree of life?

bledsoeblog said...

You have the best eyes Vicki-yes, one of the engravings WAS the tree of life. The tour guide, Alma, told us some very interesting points about the engraving. Like, beside the tree, Laman and Lemuel have their backs to the tree. Also, in the bottom right hand corner of the engraving there is Nephi, engraving on the brass plates. So neat! Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate you coming to the class. It is nice to have a friend in the audience!
Rebecca

Angie Miller said...

luv luv luv.

Travis and Marie said...

I am so jealous! I really wanted to go to that, and Travis said he wouldn't like to, so we didn't go....it looks so cool! Glad you got to go....