Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bruneau Sand Dunes

4.25.09
I have heard Justin talk about the Bruneau Sand Dunes ever since we met, but have never gone! This Saturday we decided to take a trip out to the "big Sand Box!" We packed our sleds, knowing we could possibly ride them down the hill, some summer clothes (it was one of the first nice days of spring), and the fishing poles!

I didn't plan on the weather being so windy and chilly, so, needless to say, our summer clothes were a poor choice. The sleds didn't quite work, but running down the hill did! Trey loved it! Tian was very interested in the sand and letting it drop through his little chubby fingers! I was finding sand in every crease for days!

This picture makes me laugh, and I hope it makes my mom laugh too! My hair-do (due to the extreme wind!) makes me look like a FLDS or Mennonite member!!!




This is the last time Tian was in the baby Bjorn! He is just WAY too big and HEAVY! Hiking up that Sand Dune hill was quite the workout!

3 comments:

Sommers said...

I've only fought fire in the dunes. jealouse of your trip. love the hair. It' looks like the "L" family!! Your so in style.

sauter signs off said...

I can't imagine carrying him. Soon enough he'll be walking up the sand dunes.. How far was it? Derek would love to see sand dunes.

RaCHELLE HuRD said...

your mennonite comment was hilarious to me! too funny. :) looks like you guys had a fun trip!