Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Drive to the Redwoods

7.31.09
After a few days at Shasta Lake, 15 of us traveled many hours (the amount of hours in the car is still up for debate. I swear it was 9, but Justin and James argue with me.) to the Redwoods National Park. Cousin Nora, that sweet thing, sat between Trey and Tian's car seats. Before the long drive, I asked if she got car sick. She said, "Nope!" I get terribly car sick, and these roads were AWFULLY windy. In fact, as we pulled over on the highway next to a nice patch of dirt while James and Tina's baby Tyson puked, I felt like puking right beside him. After a few hours of windy roads and a few bouts of screaming from Tian, Nora began getting sick herself. Turns out, she doesn't do well with screaming kids. And I will have you know, that was just about the ONLY time Tian screamed the whole entire trip. And, really, it wasn't even a scream!!!

We stopped after a car change on Nora's part, and a few stops for Trey to go potty (poor guy didn't go #2 for the whole family reunion and decided to wait until we got on the road. Poor little man!!!) at a rest stop. Of course me, the people watcher, HAD to get a picture of a family that pulled up next to me. To this day, I still can't figure out who is a child and who is a grandchild, anyhow, I HAD to take a picture of them. If anything, it should give my mom and I a good laugh! I posed Nora and Trey right in front of them scarfing down their lunches. My sister-in-law Christina saw me taking a picture of Trey and Nora in front of the carni-like family, and began to laugh. Knowing EXACTLY what I was up too, we both giggled for a bit. SORRY, if this family is related to anyone. I am terribly sorry.




Thank you Nora for helping us with our little guys! I really apprecaited the time you spent with us!

No comments: