Friday, August 13, 2010

Slater Larry Gerratt

5.25.10
My bestie, Sommers gave birth to the sweetest little guy! I was fortunate enough to see little Slater the night of his birth. I held him for quite some time and didn't feel guilty at all for hogging him from his other visitors. (sorry Jessica!) He has got to know his Auntie Rebecca now doesn't he? (Trey asked me the other day if Shaydon, Sommers oldest boy was his cousin and if Auntie Sommers was actually his aunt. I told him she wasn't, but we would like her to be. When I announced I was pregnant with Trey to Sommers, I made a card, with a picture of Trey's ultrasound on it and said, "Will you be my Auntie?" So, the nickname stuck and I am soooooooooooo happy and grateful it did!!)

Sommers is amazing, not requiring ANY medication whatsoever for her first and now her second delivery. Makes me look like a drug seeker!

I loved the time I spent in Slater's hospital room. For one, I feel a little toooo comfortable in hospital rooms (probably because I work in a hospital, NOT because I frequent them!) and two, I love the Gerratts. They are one of the greatest couples we know and we are so fortunate to have such great friends.

You two deserve all the love and support you are given. Love you FOUR!

(if you are criticizing my pictures, KEEP IN MIND, I am in a hospital room at 9:30PM! Terrible lighting, and, I hate the flash~! (and I am sure Slater would too!))








No comments: