Monday, October 22, 2007

The Creepy, Crawling Hitchhiker!




10.24.07
A sweet friend of mine had gone through all of her boy's clothing, boxed them up and sent them my way. This box of clothes traveled across 3 states, in each state, the box remained at a resident's home. The boxes arrived to me late Monday evening and in the wee hours of Tuesday morning, I started to sift through them, mind you, basically in the dark. I made my little piles of sizes and let them sit for one more day. This afternoon, I bent over one of the boxes and noticed a small cobweb had formed on the top of the box. I thought that was strange, (hoping this cobweb wasn't there Tuesday morning!) went and grabbed a tissue to wipe the cobweb from the box, and then looked further into the box. In one super cute shirt there lie the hitch-hiker. Thank goodness I had the tissue in my hand, I quickly grabbed the spider, ran into the bathroom and tossed it into the toilet, being careful not to squish it! (who knows if it would have bit me as I was squeezing it!) I then ran and grabbed my camera to show all of you.
Do any of you know what kind of spider this is? This experience happened about an hour ago and I am still freaking out. You can ask my husband, he would tell you I don't get freaked out by spiders or crawling things. I am the one that kills these insects in our home. But THIS FURY-LEGGED spider has given me the permanent eebie-jeebies! AHHHHHHHHH! Perfect right before Halloween huh?!

3 comments:

Angie Miller said...

Ew ew ew!

Alyce Dribnak said...

Looks like a hobo to me. My toes are curled right now. YUCK!!!!!

Sommers said...

You are so brave to kill it. They scare me. Love to look and check your blog. keep up the good work.