Monday, October 22, 2007

Halloween Morning 2007

10.31.07
Every morning for the past week I have been waking Trey up by saying, "Happy Halloween!" This morning, he was NOT feeling it! He said, "No, it's NOT Halloween!" I continued to tell him it was until I think he finally figured it out! We started the morning with helping Miss Michelle with some of the children while she ran an errand. Then, we came home and had some breakfast with chocolate milk. Trey kept picking up his big-boy glass (not MY idea, HE wanted the big glass. SCARY!) and setting it down on our glass-top kitchen table. He said, "Do like this," and he would pick up the glass once again and set it down. I finally realized he wanted us to "clang" our glasses together and say, "Cheers!" WHAT? Have we EVER done that? I will have to ask Justin if HE taught him that.
We then listened to a CD of G.Pa singing. My Grandpa taught music in the school districts in Utah for MANY years as well as performed and directed many plays. He was Daddy Warbucks for many years, my first play I attended was Annie. It was by far my favorite, and even better because my Grandpa was in it AND VERY good friends with "Annie." He was the first Celebrity I ever knew! (Because, you know I am BEST friends with Matt Damon! Did you ever hear about my meeting with him in Boise last July?!) Anyhow, out of the blue, Trey asked to listen to G.Pa sing. I don't even think he knew we had a CD of his, but anyhow, we put it in and danced to it. Listening to one of the song, it talked about loving someone and Trey turned to me and said, "G.Pa loves Trey!!!" So sweet and true!


Some of Trey's friends at Miss Michelle's


Cheers!!!

I am in love with Trey's Trick-or-Treat pail, and before he actually uses it tonight, I had to take a picture of it. Who knows what it will look like after this evening! I bought the empty paint pail at Craft Warehouse along with the wooden "T" and the orange, green and black ribbon! I painted the "T" green with paint, sanded the edges and adhered it to the pail with special glue from the Craft Warehouse.(I was just going to use a glue gun, but the employee of the Craft Warehouse who was helping me informed me that this glue was better. Who knows, she probably saw "sucker" written all over my face and scammed me into buying this "special" glue for all I know!) Trey enjoys carrying it around, which makes it all that much more special!


"T" for Trey and Trick-or-Treat

2 comments:

Sommers said...

Cute pail!! I hope trey likes it as much as you put into it. So cute!!! Where are you going trick-or-treating?

Travis and Marie said...

so so cute....i think it's funny that he likes "cheers"...gwennie just started doing that too, I don't know where she got it from...but it's definitely cute.