Sunday, December 30, 2007

There's No Place like Home

12.28.07
Grandpa Larry took us to the Portland Airport, and we arrived in perfect time. We checked in our House and Home once again, crossing our fingers, praying our luggage didn't exceed the weight limit! We passed with flying colors!
I have been wanting a Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider since December 1st and haven't brought myself to buy one. I told myself I would get one at the Portland Airport, and to my joy, there was a Starbucks just past security. As we were walking to the Starbucks, Trey turned to us and said, "I love airports, they are so amazing!" Where did this boy come from? Hilarious! Did I mention earlier what he said when the airplane landed in Portland? If I have, skip this section. I will write it any way because I think it is hilarious! WE landed safe and sound (OBVIOUSLY!) in Portland, and Trey lets out a sigh and says, "Amazing!"

Right next to our Gate was not only a food court, but a kiddy play area!





While waiting to board the plane, I ran into an old co-worker, Alicia Moore who was also riding the same plane. She now goes to Law School in Moscow and is hanging in there, she says. It was great to catch up with her.

Everything was fine and dandy on the plane, the take off was a bit swervy, but we made it. The seat belt light remained on for quite some time, and then about half way through the flight, Trey tells me he has to go potty. I hurried and grabbed him quickly, ran him back to the "lavatory" in the rear of the plane, and then was stopped by a snooty flight attendant. "You know, you need to be careful, the 'fasten your seat belt' sign is still on and you shouldn't be up walking around." I looked at her with a nasty grin and said, "When you have a two year old who is trying to potty train and he tells you he needs to go, you CAN'T tell him NO!" and I shut us in that nasty little bathroom. This was the first, but not the last time in the bathroom! The second time, the flight attendant ignored me! Nasty woman! It wasn't as if I was going into the potty with my two year old to have a party! They are only SO large!


Trey-Man fell asleep just as we were landing, what a sweet boy he had been. He slept most of the drive from Aberdeen to Portland, and he was still exhausted. All that playing with his cousins!
Justin's sweet friend from High School, Mike Cook picked us up from the airport and helped us with our luggage. What a nice guy he was.

When we arrived home, our home was 40 degrees, and really inviting! Justin turned the heat down in our home over our vacation, who knew a home could get that cold. Luckily the water in our toilets hadn't froze, but the fruit in our fridge did.

We we were grateful for our stay. Grateful for the opportunity to spend time with our family and share the season of love, happiness, and charity with people we care so much about.

I want to thank Larry and Marie for providing such a wonderful Christmas Vacation for us! Fosha, thank you for the fabulous meals and words of wisdom. Your boys are amazing and so much fun to be around. Thanks Brandon for letting her stay a few extra days. I hope your hand gets better soon. (Poor guy was attacked by a nasty cat and bit on the hand.) You are a fantastic mother, a great role model to me. Christina and Nora, thank you for caring so much for Trey and treating him so well. Trey really loves you two. Jordan, thanks for introducing us to Becky. Hopefully we will get to spend some more time with her. (did I mention they met at BYU and also live around the corner from each other in Aberdeen?!) I hope you will still teach us some of your dance moves soon! And, when can I put your song on You Tube?! Megan, thank you SOOOOOOOO much for letting us use your car. Thank you for riding to Aberdeen with us and putting up with Trey-Man. I know he can be loud and a bit sassy, I hope your ears have healed since you have been away from the noise maker we call Trey. I am so sorry about your other car, but hopefully it is now in working order!
Until Christmas 2009!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Rebecca, you are such a hottie! What's it like to be as hot as you are?