Sunday, December 30, 2007

Trey's First Bowling Trip, After Christmas Shopping, and a Reception?!

12.27.07
I am still furious at myself for not bringing my camera for this adventure. Bowling with no camera, what the HECK was I thinking! Well, thankfully my sister-in-laws are up to date with technology and both had camera phones (Christina not only had a camera phone but a phone on her PDA) and they both SWEAR they will send me the pictures. They promise me the quality isn't that great, but who cares! I just want evidence that we really bowled. And I would love to show you Trey's cute bowling shoes. Bright Orange and yellow if my memory is accurate (see, I can't even remember and it was only a few days ago! I NEED those pictures!!!). So sistas, send me those pictures if you are reading this PLEASE!!!!!

It was Grandma Marie, the grandkids and me in one lane and the rest of the fam in another lane. We shared one end of the alley with another little family who was usuing the Bowling ramp. I had used the bowling ramp years ago when I helped out with the Idaho Falls Special Olympics Bowling League and what an awesome invention it is. I was so afraid Trey was going to drop the ball on his foot or that our game would last 7 hours because he couldn't push the ball fast enough down the lane, so the ramp came in very handy.
Trey was terribly anxious the whole afternoon at the bowling alley, wanting to bowl every moment he could! We will have to be taking some trip to the "alley" real soon!

Shortly after arriving back at home, Fosha, Megan and the two boys packed up Megan's car and headed back to Portland. Fosha, Canyon and Cyrus were boarding a train the next day to head back to Sandpoint, Idaho.
Trey sure misses his cousins!

Once they fam left for "P-Town," Marie, Christina and I went "after Christmas Sale's shopping!" Did you know Ace Hardware sells Christmas decorations? Well, in Aberdeen they do-and every Christmas item was already 75% off!

That evening I did one of the most random things I have done in a while. I attended a wedding reception for a couple I had NO CLUE who they were! Larry, Marie and Christina were going and I thought, "Why not!" I love receptions, I love the decorations (or maybe the lack of them or I LOVE questioning the reasoning behind them!), love seeing the bride's dress (or LACK OF in this bride's case. Is that the new norm now? Strange!) and love trying the cake (which this reception did NOT have!!!)
The wedding was a few weeks prior, this was an "open house" and very casual. It was held in a very beautiful log cabin style lodge, with delicious food. Sorry Christina, but the STINKY cheese was disgusting. It smelt like some of my 80 year old patients (no offense Grandma if you are reading this. I know you are close to 80, but, you are not one of my patients, and secondly, you DON'T smell like these cheeses!) Justin's family is really into Cheese, goat, sheep, and really stinky cheese. It is just NOT for me! The dessert was a chocolate fountain (which I am so excited to open and use! Justin gave me one for Christmas!) with fruit and cakes. Also, there were bite-sized cheese cakes.
They had their engagement pictures, wedding and honeymoon pictures on display! A large computer monitor had the pictures on slideshow, and they were amazing! I LOVED the bride's sweater in her engagement pictures. And do you know how gutsy my sister-in-law Christina is? She went and ASKED the bride where she got her sweater! I just love Christina, AND I love FOREVER 21! (That is where the sweater WAS bought, it is NOT on line anymore!)
After the reception, Marie, Christina and I searched the internet for the newlyweds photographer's website and the Forever 21 website!

No comments: