Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Garage Sale at Hidden Springs

6.14.08
I had a patient way back in March come in for her mammogram. I noticed she lived in Hidden Springs, which is a small community outside of Boise. I consider it "Pleasantville," if you have ever seen the movie. Beautiful homes, in the middle of nowhere.
ANYHOW, they put on an amazing Garage Sale which we attended last year and just loved it.
I got up the courage to ask this patient when their Garage Sale was going to be. She told me June 14. I have had June 14th in my head since March, and it FINALLY arrived.
Sommers, being the Garage Sale QUEEN, I just had to have her come with me. I was so grateful she did. She knows the ins and outs of Garage Sales, and taught me some very important lessons!

I was looking for a few things of interest but never did find the right thing. UNTIL, I came across this!



I knew exactly what it was and where it was from without even reading it's little taped Price Tag. It was a red dishwasher from Pottery Barn. They wanted $50 for it and I wasn't about to buy it. I passed it up, but an hour later, I was still thinking about it and wishing I could have picked it up.
On our way out of the little community, I told Sommers I would like to see if it was still for sale. Obviously, it was (or I wouldn't have it in my home right now!) and the wuss that I am, I had Sommers do the dealing with me. I told Sommers I wouldn't go any higher than $35, and after some reasoning, the owner finally caved and I got Trey a dishwasher! I hugged Sommers THREE times, I was sooooooooo excited and so grateful for her!

When I got home, I quickly jumped on line to see how much I saved.
The Red Dishwasher is discontinued with Pottery Barn, although they still sell the sink, fridge, and island. They were all individually "on sale" for $240!!!! Sommers saved me nearly $200!!! I quickly called and left her a message. "Thanks for saving me nearly $200 today Sommers" is what the message said!
I was so excited.

While I was out Garage Saling, Justin went working. Before he went to work, I asked if he could go to some sales in James and Tina's neighborhood.
Honestly, Justin did SOOOOOOOO much better than I did! He got Trey the cutest clothes, some of which I had been eyeing on line but never did purchase! (Funny thing was, Justin had NO CLUE I was interested in this certain shirt he just so happened to pick up!) I think he spent $7 and got Trey some seriously cute clothes. I was almost more excited for Justin's finds, then mine!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Where are you keeping the dishwasher. Looks like fun.
Love Marie