Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Traveling to Portland

5.23.08
Justin worked a half a day and we left around 2:00 pm for Portland. Our plan was to stay at my dad’s condo in Beaverton and then follow him to the Portland Airport in the morning. Trey had been asking about this trip ever since we took him to get his passport back in February, so you can only imagine his excitement, knowing we were off to Mexico.
As we were in line at McDonald’s for lunch, I got this sick feeling I didn’t bring the book “Cancun and the Yucatan for Dummies” which we had gotten from the library. Sure enough, I didn’t and I just about cried. We decided to stop by the library anyhow to check out some books on CD, and my prayers were answered as I stood in line at the check-out desk. As I handed the library employee my card, she said, “Oh, you have some items here on hold. Would you like them?” I said sure! What did she pull out? The updated version of the Dummies book I had left at home. The Lord does answer prayers. She also had a book I had put on hold a few days before which I was so excited to read while vacationing.
Most of the car ride was spent listening to our new CD, The 5 Love Languages I had purchased at Barnes and Noble. I wish we would have listened to this CD or read the book 5 years ago. It was amazing and we really grew a lot from listening to the author explain the different ways of communication. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone!
We arrived in Portland around 8 or 9 pm and had planned on meeting my dad at a nearby Chevron station. He was going to lead us to his new condo. Trey was very excited to see his Grandpa Bend, and once he stepped foot into Grandpa Bend’s condo, it was show time! That boy is crazy!
My dad had just signed on his condo and moved in a few weeks prior. I loved it! It was a perfect “home-away-from-home” for his work week, while he worked in Portland, and a safe place he could leave vacant while he spent his weekends in Bend. There is a tram that stops right in front of his complex which takes him within blocks of his work, and in the summer, there is a pool! Very nice.
We were showered with Anniversary gifts and gifts for Trey to take on the trip. My parents were invited to accompany us on this trip but at the last minute decided it wasn’t the best trip to take my brother Derek on. We have decided to take a family trip in two year to Disneyland, Derek’s favorite place on earth! By then, Trey will be tall enough he could ride on most of the rides and “Baby T” will be young enough still, he won’t mind sitting in a stroller for most of the day. It was difficult to sleep that night, thinking of all the excitement we were about to embark on. It took Trey, the entertainer, forever to wind down, but he finally did, and he slept the WHOLE night! Bless you child!

No comments: