Thursday, April 9, 2009

1st day of "Playcare/Preschool"

4.3.09
The day had finally arrived and I was a nervous wreck: Trey and Tian started a new child care center. I made Justin join me in dropping them off for moral support. He didn't see the need, what man would, but I told him this was something he needed to do for me AND for the boys. So, he did! (thank you Just.)

When we got out of the car, I noticed Trey's winter coat was removed from my car. I don't know WHO unloaded the car but it surely wasn't me. I was very organized that morning, due to a late night of planning outfits, meals (I was told I could bring Trey's own lunch if he didn't like what was on the menu. I knew he would NOT like todays lunch: Chicken Salad Sandwiches, so I packed him his own.), and extra clothes/blankets. I packed everything into the car. So, needless to say, I was on the verge of serious water works. Poor Trey, going to preschool for the first day and not being able to play outside because he didn't bring his coat. Terrible mother I am!

After having difficulty getting into the building (they hadn't set our password to let us into the center), I said, "Hello" to Ms Sherryl, Trey's teacher, and told her the news of Trey's missing coat. She said, "Don't give it another thought. We have extras JUST for that reason." All day I thought about Trey, the new kid, wearing a pink princess coat because THAT was the only coat left behind for kids who forgot their coats. Also, by the way, it was pajama day for Trey, and he insisted on wearing his Superman pj's. With the cape. Thankfully he let me put a longjohn shirt underneath the t-shirt because we all know that WalMart makes their pajamas with the highest quality fabric. Justin thought he looked White Trash> I would beg to differ. He looked more Trailer Trash to me! So, Trey in a pink coat, red, ultra thin pj pants, poor poor boy!

When we arrived, all of the kids, and most of the teachers, were sitting on the floor of their lobby watching a movie. After the movie, they had breakfast (which was to be cereal) and then off to the classes.

I was a bit nervous, leaving Tian with Ms Sherryl. Ms. Sherryl was going to watch Tian until Miss Denise arrived. I hadn't met Tian's teacher, Miss Denise yet and I wanted to give her a little 411 on Tian. I left the center in knots.

At about 7:45, I called Miss Denise and had an awesome chat with her. I appoligized for Tian's nursery "barfing" all over her counter top (I didn't know where she wanted his stuff to go!!!) and I gave her a little overview of Tian. I had dropped off a 2 page "personality profile" on Tian 2 days prior but didn't have a clue if she had a chance to glance at it. She said she had!

I called back at about 11:30 and Miss Lisa, the director said Miss Denise was "in love" with Tian! She also said Trey was enjoying his movie and pj day (the movie was Wizard of Oz) and was getting ready to go see Tian! (I had told Trey if he EVER wanted to go see Tian, he could just ask his teachers! Guess they granted his request!)

I was happy to get home and listen to Trey's day! I was informed he got to wear a "Black Coat" (thank heavens!) for outside play time and he really liked his popcorn and Movie. He liked the popcorn so much, he said he was just "too full" for lunch. (I never did find his sandwich. Maybe he left it at school.) He told me "hunter" (a boy I thought was cute and nice, apparently not!) was put on a break for telling Trey "no." He enjoyed playing "Castle," and pretend.

Tian was a dream for his teachers. Am I dreaming? I think so! They loved him to pieces and said he only cried once! Bless you child!



Check out Tian's first report card. I wasn't lying when I said they loved him! Thank you Rex and Justin for making this report card available. It was a group effort for sure. You may have to double click on the image to really see just how great Tian was!

All of that worrying, on my part, for nothing! The boys did great!

Thank you all for the prayers and sweet phone calls! I am so grateful for friends and family who are concerned for the well-being of our little guys! We are truly blessed by your friendship and thoughtfullness.



Tian and Trey in their 1st day of daycare outfits. Trey in his superman/trailer trash pj outfit, and Tian in his new, cute, Panda bear outfit from our Washington Trip. All smiles for their first day! Instead of bringing "Horny the Giraffe" for preschool, Trey brought "Pirate Pete!" The lunch I packed for Trey. I just loved having my mom write little notes in my lunches for school. Don't ask me why I uploaded this picture side ways. Sorry!

1 comment:

Angie Miller said...

Oh I am so glad the boys are doing well! I knew they'd do great - such fun and easy kids!