Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Trial Run

4.2.09
The days have finally come: Trey and Tian would no longer be attending daycare at Miss Michelle's. We have found a place we love, (thanks to our friend Raundi who works at our new favorite place!) it was just a question of Trey loving it or not! I had planned on taking Trey for a half day, just to test the waters. Trey packed up his Kiki (his blanket!), a pillow, and a stuffed animal to sleep with. He would be going for story time, outside play, lunch, and nap. I would be picking him up after nap. He was excited to be sleep "on the blue beds." (we saw the cots all set up the day before when we dropped off our registration paperwork.)



Here is Trey with his stuffed giraffe he lovingly named "Horny" for the horns on top of the giraffe's head. (I just about died when he told me his toy's name.)


Driving up to the new center (which we will call D.L. for short. I know, I am a little too concerned, but I don't want weirdos knowing where my sons are attending daycare/preschool!) I just about puked. I was so nervous for Trey, definitely more nervous then Trey was acting! Trey was so excited, he kept saying he was going to be brave!

We walked into the center and were met by a smiling Raundi and Miss Sherryl who were in the middle of circle time. (I had called Raundi the night before, asking a few last minute questions, and to tell her we would be showing up around 10 for 4 hours as a trial run!)
As I sat in a little kid chair with Tian on my lap, I watched Miss Raundi introduce Trey to the class. She asked him what his first, middle and last name was. She asked him if he had any brothers or sisters (and I quietly sighed relief when Trey told the class he had only ONE brother. If you have read any of my past blog entries, Trey talked about Jesus being his older brother, and Heavenly Father being his OTHER father.) and any pets. He told the class, "I get to come spend time with you guys!" The class welcomed him and he sat next to a little boy with a huge smile on his face. I was so so proud of my little Trey-Man! I left the center with a smile on my face and relief in my soul!

While Trey was at Preschool, I took an outing with Tian! Our 2nd shopping trip ever, just the two of us. (the first one occuring when Tian was just 5 or 6 days old!)


Four hours goes by so quickly! I had all of these great plans with what I was going to do with "all of my time" but the four hours came and went so quickly. Before I knew it, I was back at the center, waiting for Trey to wake up from his nap!





Trey's friend Finley is to the right of Trey.

As I sat and waited for Trey to wake up, I spoke with Miss Sherryl and Miss Raundi about Trey's first day. They said he was great and that he already had a "friend." HER name is Finley, and it just so happened that she was sleeping right next to Trey! (she is the one in the pink floral blanket! I still haven't gotten a real good look at her, but I am sure she is super cute!) Miss Raundi said they ran everywhere "holding hands," and if they would get separated, they would reach out their hands, as if trying to reach for each other.

While I was talking to Trey's two teachers, I looked above me and saw an art project: Yellow Submarines. This weeks subject was about Water Transportation. The submarine was hanging from the ceiling, and as it blew in the breeze, I noticed TREY's name was on the back of it! Good thing I had my camera handy!






This is what Trey looked like when he woke up! It took him a little bit to realize I was standing in front of him. When he finally "came to," he asked, "Mom, how did you get in here?!"

I was so excited for the drive home! I wanted to know everything he did! He said he played outside, he played "castle" (his preschool looks like a castle!) with the other kids, he learned about Submarines, and he took a nap. I asked him if he ate lunch, he said, "I ate crackers and an apple. Mom, I was so full!" I knew he wouldn't eat the Chicken Noodle Soup they made him! This drive home was so surreal. I remember sitting in the car after school telling my mom about my day! I can't believe it is now MY turn to do the asking!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Your boys are so fun to look at. Next time I come to Boise we'll get together for some photos, I promise!

Ammon and Tasha said...

Oh my gosh how grown up is he!! Way too cute! glad that the first "trial run" day went so well! especially now that he has a new little girlfriend! :-)

Sommers said...

Trey is such a big boy.... I love it. Shaydon has the same stuffed animal! Love you guys. I know it was so hard for you to let go, but he all ready has a girlfriend. congrats MOM!! Such fun cots.