Friday, November 13, 2009

Yard Sale For Breast Cancer

10.17.09
My good friend Jessica's sister-in-law was diagnosed a few years ago with Breast Cancer. She was a young mom of a five year old at the time, went through Chemo and surgery. She is now 4 years out and doing well. So well that her and a fellow friend she met through her cancer treatments are planning a Breast Cancer walk in San Diego. To help raise money for the walk, they held a yard sale. I love yard sales and have a soft spot in my heart for Breast Cancer awareness, so, there was no better morning to shop then this one!

I asked Jessica if she would like to join me, and so at 6:30AM we were out the door and on our way to shopping! We were the first buyers and we made out like a bandit. I bought a pair of candle sticks that Jessica and I both agreed reminded us of a woman's blog we follow "Joys of Home" and she left with a cute pair of shoes for her oldest daughter.


Obviously, you can tell whose car I was driving early that morning (hense, the bike on top!). We left just as the sun was rising!

Thanks Jessica for the great morning!

1 comment:

sauter signs off said...

Is that all you got was a candlestick and some shoes? Well, it was the thought that counted.