Thursday, January 28, 2010

"Be" necklaces

1.12.10
Activity Days has started up again and I am sooooo excited for this new year. I have decided to dedicate each Activity Day to one of Gordon B. Hinckley's 9 Be's. The month of January we focused just on the word "Be," what it means, and how we can BEcome better people by striving to live each 9 Be to the fullest.

This activity we made Fender Washer necklaces with the word BE stamped on it. I stamped the word, the girls strung the leather cord and beads.

After our activity, we had time to play a game, so I pulled out the game Apples to Apples! These girls are hilarious; the funny things they would say about a subject! I was impressed with their advanced vocabularies!



Here is Tian playing with the girls. Where is Trey do you ask, he is playing with his best buddy Ty. Alyce, Ty's mom called me earlier in the day asking if Trey could come play with Ty while I had the girls over. What a sweet friend I have; thank you, thank you Alyce! You saved me!

Tian enjoyed playing alone with the girls and really took to little K.K. I think I have found my future babysitter; for when Amanda and Shelbie are old and sick of babysitting! Grow up soon K.K.!

1 comment:

sauter signs off said...

The necklace is way cute Rebecca. I'll bet the girls love them.