Thursday, April 15, 2010

Jacob's Basketball

2.13.10
It was me and my mother in laws and my job to keep the boys entertained and OUT OF THE HOUSE while the men completed the floors. We kept ourselves busy with walks, lunches out to Mickey D's and Carl's Junior; but one of the greatest little adventures was to watch Jacob, the cousin, play basketball. He had such a cheering section, although, I seemed to be the only one screaming. (I am sure I embarrassed not only Jacob, but the rest of my family.) Both sets of Grandmas, an aunt and an uncle, an uncles girlfriend, a Grandpa, all 4 of Jacob's siblings, and his mom and dad all came to watch him play. It was a close game (they don't keep score) but I think Jacob's team came out on top. Trey and Tian did extremely well during the game, and it wasn't until the last quarter or period (what is it called in basketball anyhow? Sorry, my family isn't real big basketball fans.) that Trey became restless and wanted to play with his girl cousins off in the corner of the gym. I wouldn't let Trey play without me being there to watch (I am paranoid of nasty people who stalk schools on the weekends and take children who aren't being watched over. I know Marie, you think I am a paranoid mother!!!), so finally, I took myself and Tian into the corner and watched Trey play with his girls cousins. AND, Trey's "girl"friend Keatyn from preschool was there to watch HER brother play on Jacob's team, Trey couldn't have been happier. While they played, I snuck crackers to Tian. (there were signs everywhere saying, "No Food Allowed." Even my brother in law James pointed out the signs to me, but, I am a rule breaker. If I have to bribe my boys with food to keep them close to me during a wild and loud basketball game, I will do so!!! HMMMM!(imagine me crossing my arms and turning my head while I let out a loud HMMMM)!)

Here is Jacob in all of his glory!







Jacob was extremely excited this particular afternoon because he had just gotten new glasses.





Tyson, Jacob's younger brother was awfully cute during the game. He sat very well on his dad's lap and cheered on his brother.

Way to go Jacob, you were amazing!

No comments: