Thursday, April 15, 2010

V-Day, D.Land Style

2.11.10
Whenever there is a holiday, Daycare usually has a pajama day. I couldn't help myself but a week before Valentine's Day, I found these cute Small Paul pj's. I picked them up, as an early Valentine's Day gift for Trey and Tian. Trey was excited to wear his new pj's to daycare, and also to take his Valentine's box we made at home.(the rest of the kids made theirs at the daycare)

Tian had gotten up the night before at 11pm and didn't go back to sleep until 4am. He was crying or whining the entire night. I called my supervisor at 6:30am, knowing she was getting her kids ready for school, and let her know I wouldn't be into work. Trey went to daycare, Tian stayed home, and Justin's parents came into town for our nephew's 12th birthday.

As you can see, Trey was very excited to wear his pj's and receive and exchange his valentines. Do you see our wooden floors? That is for another blog post!






Addendum: I received a list of all of Trey's classmates names for Valentine Card exchange. As Trey wrote each child's name, I asked him a little bit about each child. I knew some of the kids (like Juston, yes, spelled with an "O", who used to make Trey feel so good when he cried in the 3's class with Miss Sherryl, and Aubree, "the girl bully" who now has a major crush on Trey and tries to kiss him weekly. Trey purposefully wears his running shoes(notice the picture above with his white running shoes! A necessity in his eyes!) each Friday because he "needs to run fast from those girls who chase him around the playground.") Well, we got to a boys name which begins with an "M." I had never heard Trey mentioned this boys name, so, I asked Trey about him. Trey said, "You know, the blind boy." I thought about Trey's class and do not recall a blind boy. I said, "Are you sure you have a blind boy in your class?" And he said, "Yeah, you know, the boy that looks like THIS....... and he squints his eyes and wrinkles his nose." I just about busted a gut laughing at Trey. I guess this certain boy walks around with squinted eyes and the whole time Trey has thought he was blind.

No comments: