Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ten Years-Zip Lining

5.15.10
I have been thinking about our ten year wedding anniversary for quite some time. We try to plan a large trip each year, but this year was a little different. For one, I wasn't feeling comfortable about leaving our young boys with family or friends for a long stretch of time, nor was I wanting to bring our young boys on a weekend excursion. So, thankfully we are blessed with a wonderful babysitter who I trust with all of my heart. A few months ago when planning for our anniversary, I suggested Zip Lining . Justin asked me to repeat myself when I told him I wanted to go Zip Lining. He couldn't believe I wanted to go. I am not one for scary rides or adventurous climbs, but when it comes to CONTROLLED adventure, I am all there! (zip lining, paragliding, etc. )



The night before we left, I typed out a 4 page "note" ("more like a novel" my coworker commented as I printed off my pages. I told her I would rather be safe then sorry) and made copies of the boys shot records and insurance card. I also left strict instructions to Amanda, if and when an emergency may arise, to take the boys to a hospital in Boise or Eagle. Nothing in Nampa or Meridian. (she laughed, but little did she know I was DEAD serious. No pun intended!!!)

We had a wonderful time. I didn't stress over the boys at all. In fact, when I left, Trey was already taking a nap and Tian was as happy as ever to see us leave. When Trey woke up, Tian had already gone down for a nap. So, basically Amanda as watching one boy at a time. Not only was she a happy camper, so was I!

Thank you honey for a wonderful afternoon, celebrating our ten years of marriage.

Here are some pictures from our day outing! Beware, picture and video overload!!!

This is the group we were with for the afternoon.The man standing second from the right was a burley guy. He and his girlfriend of one year sat next to me in the "tour van" up to the zip line. (you take a huge van up the mountain for about 35 minutes before reaching the zip lines.) I was a bit nervous sitting so close to them. FYI, I have a slight fear of bigger men with facial hair. Justin teases me about it, but it is true. Anyhow, he ended up being the most scared out of all of us and screamed on most of the lines! If you closed your eyes while listening to him talk, he sounded EXACTLY like Jack Black. By the end of the tour, I wasn't afraid of him at all. See the guide to the right of Justin in the light blue shirt and Khaki shorts? He is a news anchor for the early morning local news station. Justin didn't even recognize him (probably because he never watches the news in the morning, AND because he isn't as star struck as I am) until our "tour" was about finished. Justin had been teasing and joking with him the whole afternoon, which led me to believe he knew who our guide was. Justin eventually asked him if he was on TV because he didn't believe me! Silly Just. Just to prove, yes, Lincoln Graves was our tour guide. Here is a picture copied from KIVI's website!



Random tour guide in the background of our picture. He was the main guide and did all kinds of tricks. Kind of funny picture actually, those harnesses aren't that attractive!





Not the greatest picture of me, and actually it looks like I am just a foot off the ground, but I will tell you I am up much higher then you think!

For this picture, you are told to spread your hands AND your legs out, like a flying squirrel. Swear it!

I think Justin was proud of me for even suggesting we take the Zip Line tour for our 10 year wedding anniversary! This is his "proud face!!!!"







1 comment:

sauter signs off said...

I thought I already commented on this! You were so brave. We really need to try this, not sure about Derek, but if I can paddleboard, I should be able to do this... I think!