Wednesday, November 12, 2008

SKYPE!

11.2.08
I was told about Skype several months ago by a patient who had grandchildren out of the country. She kept in contact with her grandchildren by talking to them through a webcam using an internet site called "SKYPE." I thought it sounded great but didn't give it a second thought; UNTIL I went over 300 minutes on my cell phone plan and had to pay $250+ extra in the month of September. (I will NOT tell you how many minutes I HAVE on my plan, but it is so embarrassing I could possibly go OVER all the minutes I have. What can I say; I was making arrangements for Tian's birth!) Justin is a complete saint for putting up with my chatting, but we had to think of a better way to communicate with the one person I speak to multiple times a day: my mom.

So, I thought back to my patient and the SKYPE internet site. We tried it out, and now we think it is the greatest thing out there. We purchased a webcam, so did my mom, and now she can not only talk to Trey and Tian, but she can watch them grow, read them bedtime stories, and babysit them if I need to run an errand (JUST KIDDING!!! She lives in Central Oregon!) Here is our first attempt at SKYPE! It was such an exciting day!









Reading Trey a bedtime story. It is becoming quite the tradition!

the bledsoe's HEART skype!

1 comment:

jebandjenn simpson family said...

Your mom told me about Skype the other day and that she is reading to trey!! I think that is so AWESOME! I love that technology can keep our families connected even when we are far away!

Tian is so darling and precious! Makes me want another baby!