Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

11.27.08
Thanksgiving was full of family, yummy food, and sweet company! My brother and his sweet dog Larry arrived around noon and my parents and Derek arrived around 3:00. I was getting a bit nervous, I wanted to be eating by 4:00, but the turkey wasn't nearly ready for carving around 4:00. Thank goodness for Miss Michelle's Spinach Dip recipe, crackers, Grandma GiGi's yummy popcorn, and banana bread. The turkey was done around 7:00 or so and it was so delicious! (Not to brag or anything! It was Sommers famous recipe, and with no bones in the turkey, I really couldn't go wrong!)

After dinner, we had such an exciting surprise! My oldest brother Robert was in the area and came over to visit! It was so nice to have the entire Sauter family together, laughing, playing games, and all meeting Tian for the first time. Trey LOVES having his uncles around!


My Grandma GiGi brought these napkin rings for the occassion. We used these while growing up but I never knew the story behind them. My Grandma G.Pa painted them one year, one for every family member. I loved the sentiment of them!


Thanks Amy for making the family's famous Yam Casserole. I can NEVER get my topping as smooth and crispy as yours!

Thanks mom for bringing your perfect dinner rolls and overnight salad, and thanks Grandma GiGi for making the delicious Frog-Eye Salad! Dinner wouldn't have been the same without your additions!


The Family, minus Robert who came later


Tian's special "seat" for the Thankgsiving Feast! Kind of scary picture; Tian looks like he has had too much to drink! (Thanks Jaime for Tian's festive shirt. WE love it!)


Where Trey spent most of the dinner, sprawled out across his chair, until he and Derek decided to read books together!


Derek had found a book he hadn't read before, so he anxiously read it to Trey. It was so cute and sweet to see them sitting on the couch together; Derek reading to Trey! It was funny to hear Trey laughing at the story as Derek read to him. Just to think, not even 10 years ago, Derek didn't even talk. Now, he is reading books, talking to anyone that will listen; it is amazing what my parents and Dereks tutors have done with him!!!

Thank you to all who made Thanksgiving a perfect celebration this year! It wouldn't have been complete if it wasn't for your help!

2 comments:

sauter signs off said...

Tears on the keyboard. Thanks Becca. (Get it, tears on my guitar). Love you!

Hills said...

Oh I loved the picture of Trey and Derek reading. I saw this on your mom's blog and I loved it!!! Precious! I can't believe how big Derek is now... time flies!