Thursday, October 29, 2009

apples #1

10.13.09
My sweet friend Alyce has kept me on my toes with food preserving. We did green beans this summer, did apricots and cherries, grapes at the beginning of the month, and now we are on to apples! She had never been to the orchard to pick apples, and because it is one of my favorite places to go in the fall (besides the pumpkin patch) I was happy to tag along! The first experience was on a Tuesday, we met at a Walgreens (to pick up red hots to make my cinnamon applesauce) and then caravaned to Chicken Dinner Road. Trey and Tyler played among the large trees, and Tian was such a trooper in our stroller. Towards the end of our picking, Tian wanted out! I should have given Tian a bag to help us pick!!!

Isn't the orchard beautiful? I don't think I have ever been to the orchard when the colors were this vibrant!
One of my many buckets of apples! (thanks for letting me use your bucket Alyce!)
My sweet friend Alyce! She was the greatest picker ever! You'd think she grew up picking fruit!
Treyman
I do admit, Trey got on Tyler's nerves this afternoon. I am sure Trey is taunting Tyler in this picture!
My apple "collection", excluding a bucket of apples!
This is what Tian did after I let him out to explore, he would pick up an apple and start chomping at it. Made me a little grossed out, not being able to rinse the apple prior to him plopping it into his mouth.
Isn't his cardigan so sweet? A gift from Grandma Bend and Hannah Anderson. My mom picked it up because it "was Boise State colors!" Perfect for us Grandma Bend!


2 comments:

Alyce Dribnak said...

Thanks for coming with me to the orchard. I had a lot of fun and so did Tyler. It looks like the boys were laughing in that picture, but your post sure put a smile on my face.
Thanks again for the fun times....

sauter signs off said...

More fabulous pictures. What's wrong with an apple that has been sitting on the ground?!