Sunday, October 4, 2009

Commentary from Trey

10.4.09
We were driving to Tian's 1 year well child check up and just so happened to pass the new Nampa shopping center which has JC Penny and Sports Authority. As we were driving past the shopping center, we saw a man leading a camel through the parking lot. I shouted to Trey, "Look at that camel Trey." He asked if we could go see it, I told him we could if the camel was still there after Tian's appointment. As we drove off, Trey said, "I think that camel is from Egypt. Sand and Camels are from Egypt." I tried not to giggle.

After Tian's appointment, sure enough, the camel was still in the parking lot. Keeping my word, we drove through the JC Penny parking lot and saw the camel, surrounded by a Sheriff and some small children. I soon realized that the camel and the Sheriff were greeting under privileged children for a back-to-school shopping spree and we were welcomed. I quickly pulled a "U"-ey around the parking lot and sped off. Trey asked, "Why can't we go pet the camel like the other children." I didn't know how to put it, so I was very honest. "Trey, those children don't have much money. They are going shopping for school clothes, back packs and shoes." He then asked if they were from Egypt and I said, "No, they are probably from Nampa."

When Justin got home from work, he said, "Dad, we saw a camel but we couldn't pet it. The camel was for kids from Nampa with no money." Justin looked at me and said, "WHAT is he talking about?!"

-----------------------

I was bathing Trey and Tian in the bathtub, something they enjoy a little too much. Water, toys and bubbles, how could you not enjoy it?! It was time to get Trey out of the tub, so I said, "Let's get out Trey" as I held out a towel for him. His response, "I COME IN PEACE!"

--------------------

"Mom, I have a hypothesis. Tian is smaller then you." He then said, "Dad, I have a hypothesis. Mom is shorter then you."



2 comments:

sauter signs off said...

So what.. you just found this old chair sitting on the side of the road and grabbed your camera? So CUTE!

sauter signs off said...

Rebecca, seriously, the Camel, the parking lot.. I can't stop laughing. I had to call Nancy to read it with me. I can't believe you didn't call and tell me right than and there about the "happenings" in Egypt!!!