Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Assignment #6 and #7

"Hand"


"L"


I took a families picture the morning after reading about children and pets. I felt very prepared and eager to try some new techniques I had read about. THEN, snow fell and our outside shots became indoor. I really am trying to work on taking in "Manual" only, but, unfortunately I had to rely on the trusty "Program" setting for these ones.
These are of a sweet little 7 month old. A mini wooden rocking chair made the best prop, and the natural lighting was PERFECT, in my opinion!
"L"
Taken with Natural Light, at about 10am
ISO 100
Shutter Speed 1/100
f/3.5
Program Setting
AWBI would LOVE some feedback with the face placement in this picture. To me, I think it looks as if she is peeking into the field of view. Is this breaking all rules of photography? Does it look tacky? It was taken like this on purpose, so, if it DOES look odd, it can easily be fixed!! :)
"Hand"
Natural Light at about 10am
ISO 100
1/100 Shutter Speed
f/3.5
Program Setting
AWBI thought Baby "L's" had was just the cutest thing. Any feedback would be excellent. Thank you so much for looking.
Rebecca






My TA Kimberly's Response:


Hi Rebecca,I agree, the lighting looks great. The diagonal line created by the placement of the eyes adds interest. The expression is priceless. A couple things you might consider are including the rest of the ear on the left and the rest of the hand in the lower, left corner. You might consider changing this to black and white to get rid of the blotchy skin (babies often look better in B&W).I agree, the tiny little hand is very cute and makes a great subject. Including the babies head in the background was a great idea. You might consider including the rest of the ear on the right as well as a bit more space above the eye on the left.Thank you for posting....great job on this assignment.
TA Kimberly

No comments: