Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Kid Fair 2010

2.26.10
The Brown's invited us to the Boise Kids Fair this year. We love our time spent with the Browns and look forward to the next adventure with them. Jaime is always thinking of our boys, and our boys LOVE Ava! We met up with them just as Ava had gotten her picture taken with Scooby Doo. The whole reason Ava was there was to meet Scooby. At the moment, Scooby is her favorite character. Trey on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with that dog. Nothing.

Here are some adventures the boys (mostly Trey) embarked on:

Not to brag, but I swear I married the greatest man, and even greater father! He isn't afraid to go down a kiddie slide just to make his boys happy! I love this man!

From across the fairgrounds we saw one of Trey's teachers from his Pre K "old preschool" classes Miss Christina. She was at the Monkey Do's station. We saw some boys walking around the fairgrounds with blue and orange hair, so Trey decided he wanted that kind of hair.







Trey was really interested in Spiderman. Earlier in the morning, he wanted NOTHING to do with Scooby Doo, but now wanted everything to do with Spidey. We noticed that Spidey had taken an interest in our boys too, which I thought was a bit odd, but kind. Finally, after Trey got enough nerve up to ask for a picture, Spiderman said, "Hey, you guys know me!" And after I heard his voice, I realized it was our hometeacher!!! Trey couldn't have been more happier!



Here is Justin, encouraging Trey on the Swings.
You see, as the swings began, Trey didn't seem that satisfied with the ride. As you can see in this next picture, no real emotion on his face.


I promise, he eventually began smiling, but I think the swings weren't as exciting as he remembered in years past. (and btw, as I was just looking at the above picture, I realized Trey wasn't buckled in. Then I remembered, this picture was taken after the swings ended. He had already been unbuckled and was just sitting there, contemplating his ride. He looks a little disappointed. Poor guy!)
I think a highlight of Trey's afternoon was petting this large, large turtle. At first, he thought it wasn't real!



We ended our afternoon in the McDonald's parking lot with Tian puking his guts out. Yeah, I think he either drank too much chocolate milk from the Milk Station at the Fair, or he was too overwhelmed with the days events. Needless to say, as we were waiting in line to place our order for lunch, Tian started to throw up, while in his car seat of course. I jumped out of the car and ran in the back, rescued him out of his seat, and ran him over into the median of the drive thru window line. Tian puked and puked while people drove by us, probably loosing their appetite. Tian rode home in only his diaper, and we rode home with the front windows down. The smell was enough to make me puke. Poor little guy was feeling all better after his nap.

1 comment:

sauter signs off said...

O.K. Rebecca, I can't stop laughing about Tain throwing up... The way you said it just makes me laugh. Sort of like Trey on the way to Burns throwing up the blueberries and fries.... LOL
That turtle makes me nervous, and I forgot about the Spiderman hometeacher.. he looked great!