Thursday, December 18, 2008

Boise Holiday Parade

11.29.08
We are a family who loves Parades, although, we have never attended one as a family. Boise has a parade each year, and I thought it would be nice to attend. As we were driving to the parade, it began to rain, but thankfully it stopped just for us.



Grandma Bend and Trey waiting for the parade!


Our sweet Tian hiding from the weather!


Tian all snuggled up


Poor Amy. She hates, and do I dare say *fears* mascots. There were plenty of people dressed in costumes and Amy was hiding for most of the Parade. Good thing she could just hide behind her coats hood, it was a perfect cover-up!


G.Pa, who I don't think was too impressed with our little Boise Parade, still grinned from ear to ear!





*good story*
I saw Buster, the Boise State Bronco coming down the street. I told my parents I wanted a picture with him for Trey, who had already started walking to the car with Justin. My dad, being quite brave, yelled to the Bronco and asked him to come over to us. Because Busters head is SOOOOOOO big, and I am sure he has NO visability, as he was running in our direction, he didn't see a little clown riding a tricyle. He tripped over the clown, knocking the clown off her tryke. He was kind enough to help the clown off the ground and came and posed for a picture! Talk about being a rude cousin, during all of this, I had completely forgotten about Amy who hates mascots. Sorry Amy


So, the parade was nothing to write home about, but it was nice to get out and see some of Boise's *finest* clubs (I think there is a club for EVERY car known to man), bike riders (both bicyles and hogs!), and beauty queens (and boy does Boise have a TON of them. When you count the teen queens, the rodeo queens, the Miss and Mrs. Idaho counties, we have more beauty queens then not!)!

After the parade, we went home to warm up and play some games.

1 comment:

sauter signs off said...

It makes me laugh just thinking about the collision!!!