Friday, December 19, 2008

Tian @ 11 weeks WITH 1st shots

Yes, Tian should have gotten his shots 3 weeks ago, but I decided to put off his shots until now. Really, I had no reason for putting off his shots; other than the fact that he had had a HORRIBLE day at church the day before his 8 week appointment/shot appointment, and I didn't want him to have TWO horrible days in a row. Lame I know, but, when this little guy has rarely any horrible days, why make it two in a row?!

After his shots appointment, I realized that Tian and Trey are two VERY different boys. For one thing: Trey didn't cry very easily. If he was hungry or tired he would cry, but was easily consoled. After Trey's shots, he would cry for a minute or two, I could calm him down with a pacifier or a bottle and that would be the end of his tears. SO not Tian!

Tian cries if he is hungry or tired, but he ALSO cried, and cried, AND CRIED after his shots. He gave me the WORST look (if looks could KILL!)after the shots were given to him, and refused to look at me for a long time after his shots. He cried and cried; nothing calmed him down. I was afraid he would cried the whole half hour ride home, but he finally calmed down after we got him buckled in the carseat.

The whole ride home, I felt like a terrible mother and wanted to just cry but I stayed strong and knew that for Tian, his shots were a good thing. Trey couldn't understand why Tian was so sad, so I tried to tell Trey about shots and why he and Tian need them from time to time. I know not everyone feels the way I do, but we all do what we feel is best for our children; and for our family, shots are good!

After looking at these pictures, you would never guess he had had shots today. I have pictures of Trey sleeping, and sleeping, AND SLEEPING after his shots. He was out for the rest of the day following a round of shots. And that is the SECOND difference between Trey and Tian. I could always count on Trey sleeping for a long time after his shots. Tian wasn't the least bit tired after his shots. You would have thought after all of that crying he would have been wiped out; but no such luck.









owl socks-I couldn't help but take a picture of his socks. Owls are my new favorite fad (along with skulls and cross bones of course!) and when I saw these socks, I knew they would look PERFECT on Tian's chunky feet!

I thought the bandaids they gave Tian were so stinkin'cute. I think Trey was a bit jealous of them. They were Snoopy and Charlie Brown as Astronauts. The last bandaids Tian got were camo. This office has the coolest bandaids!

1 comment:

RaCHELLE HuRD said...

tenley did the SAME thing at her 2 month shots, cried and cried the most shrieking i'm-in-pain-mommy cry! it was SO SAD. ok it even brought ME to tears.. i cried at the appointment in front of the nurse, so embarrassing! but at her 3 month appointment, it was a whole different story! the first shot she didn't even peep a cry.. gave the nurse a look of death though.. and the following shot she cried a little (but NOTHING like her first set). then she proceeded to give the nurse a big, big smile! cute. so what i'm trying to say is: there is hope for your next shot appointment! :)