Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tian's Blessing

11.30.08
The day had come, Tian was blessed in our ward at 11:00am. We were so blessed to be joined by many family and friends for this special event; thanks to all who made the day wonderful!

Justin gave a beautiful blessing. I was told by so many people after the blessing what a fabulous job he did and how beautiful Tian's blessing was. Tian was so quiet during his blessing, he didn't make a peep! (completely different then Trey. I think Justin had to cut Trey's blessing short because he was crying so loudly!) I am so blessed to have a husband who is able to give our children blessings. Our family is richly blessed!

We had some special, sentimental additives to this day.
#1. Tian wore a white knit hat during his blessing that Grandma GiGi made for him.
#2. My friend Abbey made a boutonnier for both Tian and Trey to wear. Trey LOVED it!
#3. My brother Derek wore a light lilac dress shirt that was worn by my brother Robert on my wedding day to Tian's blessing. (Purple was my wedding color!)


Our family who traveled from 3 different states to join us for this special event!



Trey's boutonnier Abbey made. I have had my eye on this suit for Trey since I found out I was pregnant. I kept imagining Trey in it on his siblings blessing day.








Tian with his Dad, Grandpa and Great Grandpa




It was so nice to have two of my friends, Annabelle and Amy come. I have been visit teaching partners with the two of them in the past and I just love them. Amy was so sweet; she brought Trey a blanket which he just loves. When the luncheon began, I was able to hand over Tian, and a bottle to Annabelle while I got everything set up. I am so blessed with wonderful friends!





Chelsea Ann not only came to Tian's blessing and luncheon, she also outfitted me with the cutest bowls and platters! Thank you Chelsea for all of your help. She has been there for me since the beginning of time, it seems, thank you!


Chelsea Ann with her sisters!


During the luncheon, Trey and 10 or so of his friends and cousins managed to pack into his room. Each had a weapon of some sort. Trey kept not only his boutonnier on, but also his suit.









Thanks to all who came to Tian's blessing and luncheon. It was so nice to celebrate such a special event with family and friends.

3 comments:

Hills said...

That is such a special day! Nice pictures!

sauter signs off said...

It was a beautiful event Becca. You did such a great job organizing everything. We all had such a good time.

Sommers said...

You have such a beautiful family!! We love you guys and are sorry we couldn't be there. You, Justin, Trey and Tian looked SOOOO GREAT!!! Good coordination.