Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cali Hike in the A.M.

7.29.09
The boys were up and at 'em bright and early. So, we took them on a walk with Grandpa Larry behind our ranch around the lake. We ran into wild blackberries, some wildlife, and warm weather. For 8:30 am, it was smokin'!










I had told Trey the night before about Dehydration. Trey has a tendency to run and run and run and forgets about eating and drinking. Because the weather is so hot and I knew Trey would be playing nonstop, I told him he needed to drink tons of water, OR he would get Dehydrated. Prior to leaving for our walk, Trey said he was thirsty and needed a drink. Justin said, "We wont be gone for long Trey," and thought we didn't need to bring a water bottle. We heard, "I'm thirsty. I'm very, VERY thirsty. I need a drink, I am so thirsty." And finally, the kicker was, "Mom, I am so thirsty. I am dehydrated." A lesson learned, when this boy says he is thirsty, get the man a drink will 'ya?!






(the faces of Dehydration.)
We got back from our little hike and Trey drank, and drank, and drank.

No comments: