Saturday, August 15, 2009

Grandmother and Grandfather Ricks

Aunt Megan with Grandfather Ricks

Getting two restless boys to pose for a picture with Grandfather Ricks is quite difficult. As I was looking at Grandfather Ricks one evening, something about him reminded me a lot of Tian. It was his big, blue, expressive eyes. I have always wondered where Tian got his big blue eyes from (obviously the color is from both me and Justin, but the shape of them is very different then ours!), now I know where: Grandfather Ricks. As the week went on, I often fed Tian around the same time Grandmother Ricks was eating. Usually, Grandfather would eat beside her. I was feeding Tian an avocado at the time and Grandfather said, "Tian got THAT from me as well." I asked him, "What?" And he said, "Avocadoes. I love them!" So sweet!

Grandmother Ricks






Grandfather Ricks had a recent BIG birthday, so we celebrated with a birthday cake!



Grandfather Ricks has many stories memorized that he still loves to tell. He was quite the entertainer. Trey loved listening to his stories. One story was about a "Potato Bug" which we call "Rollie-Pollies." Trey ran up to Grandfather Ricks and said, "Grandpa, they are called Rollie-Pollies!" Smarty Pants that Trey-man is!

No comments: