Friday, November 6, 2009

Trunk-or-Treat

10.30.09
After a long day of Mammograms (I was giving mammograms, not GETTING one!) our family went to our wards annual Trunk-or-Treat. I have never dressed up for the trunk-or-treat but this year my friends Amy, Erin and I went as the Trunk-or-Treat beauty queens. This idea began in August with our friend Janae's surprise PROM-themed birthday party. We all found brides maids dresses that matched AND fit us perfectly; at that moment we decided to get two uses out of one dress! So, the Beauty Queen idea began and went from there!

Erin and Amy came up with the genius idea of going as "MIS-something." They looked in the dictionary for all of the words beginning with "MIS" and found some pretty funny words. Amy went as "MIS-fortune," with a fortune teller themed costume. Erin went as "MIS-treat," with a candy themed costume. I went as "MIS-take," and went with an "accident" themed costume. I first thought it would be funny to wear bandages around my head, as if I had been in a car accident. Then, I thought of my hunter husband and dressed as if he "MIStakenly" shot me with his bow. Needless to say, I doubt anyone understood, Justin didn't wear ANY camo gear which would explain my fancy costume, but I had fun; and that is what counts!

Trey went as a KNIGHT and Tian went as a DRAGON!

Justin, bless his hunter's heart, took the boys around while Erin, Amy and I stood on little stands, as if we were on a parade float. We threw candy at the children and waved as people walked by.

Tian was mesmorized by my arrow and didn't like it when it looked as if the arrow was going through my head!
Justin rigged up an arrow to a coat hanger which looks like it is going through my head. I am wearing one of his hunting hats, with a tiara on the hat, a camo thermal, you can't see my huge hiking boots, but they are on! My Caution-Tape sach says, "MIS-TAKE" in bright, hunter orange!

These two pictures are so nasty, but we were in complete darkness, with a little street lamp shining. Tian was NOT happy to wear his costume, and Trey was having the time of his life! Here's our little KNIGHT! Isn't he sweet?!

Thanks Amy and Erin for the fun night!

2 comments:

sauter signs off said...

Did I tell you that Justin looks so happy to be Trunck or Treating!

Angie Miller said...

SHUT up. This is hilarious.