Thursday, December 17, 2009

barn detail

11.25.09
I have never looked at my parent's barn with a photographic eye. Little details jumped out at me this trip that have NEVER been an interested to me!

Do you see the "S's" in the gate? This gate probably came with the house and I have never noticed the detail of this gate. I thought these "S's" were a bit symbolic of my maiden name. Far stretch, I know!!!

Now, when I lived at home, we rented out our land for grazing cows. We never had any cows of our own, therefore, we never used our barn for storing hay. I don't have a clue what this instrument is used for but it hangs in my parents barn. I assume it is used for cutting off the bailing wire for the hay bails, but I could be far off. Anyhow, I thought it looked interesting, and I loved the lines the post it is on makes as well as the lines to the left of the post, in the background.

No comments: