Saturday, December 12, 2009

Volcanoes

11.23.09
While driving to Bend, we asked Trey what he wanted to do with Grandma and Grandpa Bend. The one thing he wanted to do was to see some Volcanoes. I don't know what made him think of Volcanoes but we were able to grant his wish. I don't know if he was disappointed at what he found, I think he was expecting an active volcano, but, nonetheless, we found a volcano. There is a national park just about 15 miles from my parents home that once was an active volcano. Our high school's mascot WAS the Lava Bears, so, there is lava all throughout Central Oregon. (please don't tease me about my school's mascot. It is quite an embarrassing story how the Lava Bears came to be, and when I heard it for the first time, I was so mad!)

Instead of finding hot, flowing lava, we found fluffy, wet, SNOW! Trey was so excited, he rolled and rolled around in it. He actually made a snow angel the moment he stepped out of the car. He couldn't stay off the ground he was so excited to be one with the snow! The snow sent all of his hopes and dreams of hot flowing lava right out the window, and he was as happy as ever!



Look at how deep the snow was. Trey's poor little legs are covered up to the knee in snow. Here he is posing with Grandpa Bend!

I think he was screaming he was so excited to see not only a volcano but to play in the snow!

1 comment:

sauter signs off said...

Trey will be getting something for Christmas to remind him of the Volcano.. Well at least the one he'll get is an active one!