Sunday, November 4, 2007

4th Cousins Removed!

11.13.07
Some may say Blogging is for Predators or Pedophiles. I was a bit hesitant myself, but my friend Sommers had told me about her friend Jessica Curtis's cool blog. I checked out Jessica's blog, and that night I began one. I have been hooked ever since.
Well, as Jessica was searching my blog one afternoon, she saw a picture of my Grandparents, (Trey's GiGi and G.Pa) The Slights. That afternoon, I got a call from Jessica. This is how the conversation went (at least how I remember it going):

Jessica: Hi Rebecca, sorry to bother you, but Teyan, my husband has been telling me I needed to call you!
Rebecca: How are you? What is going on?
Jessica: I have been looking at your blog and I think we know your Grandparents. What are their names?
(I told her their names!)
Jessica: Yeah, I think your Grandfather married me and Teyan in the Temple.
Rebecca: When did you get married?
(She told me, sorry Jessica, I can't remember what year you said!)
Rebecca: And you think his name was Glen Slight?
Jessica: Yes! And it gets better, I think we are related.
Rebecca: WHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAT?
Jessica: Yes, your Grandmother is related to my Grandmother.

This conversation went on for a few more minutes, ending with the promise to call eachother back with more geneology information.
I called my Grandma, Jessica called hers, and this is what we found out: Jessica's Grandmother is MY Grandmother's COUSIN! We THINK we are 4th cousins!!!

I had given Sommers a joint baby shower with Jessica this last August, and that was the first time Jessica and I had met. If it WASN'T for blogging, we would have NEVER found out our common roots! So, here's a blog to you Jessica Curtis, my 4th cousin!


Jessica Curtis and Rebecca Bledsoe-4th cousins through our Grandmothers!!!

No comments: