Sunday, November 4, 2007

Cold Stone Bribery!

11.7.07
I admit, I bribe my Primary kids! I teach the 11-12 yr. olds, and throughout the year, I have had my kids slowly leave the Primary portion of our Sunday class and go into either young woman's or young men's. Our Primary Program was scheduled for October 28th. Bradlee Draper, a boy in my class turned 12 several days before the scheduled Primary Program, which left poor Sterling Jones all alone, with me, to participate in the Program. Sterling didn't want to be alone, and felt a little silly being the only child from our class and the oldest kid IN the program, so I made them a promise. If both Sterling AND Bradlee participated in the program, I would take them out to ice cream. It worked, and on the 7th of November, I took them to Cold Stone.
I do have to say, participating with these two boys in the Program was so special. Our last musical number was Love is Spoken Here and Sterling got the opportunity to lead the boys section of the song. Watching him take such pride in his task brought tears to my eyes!

The boys choosing their ice cream flavors


Sterling Jones

Bradlee Draper

No comments: