Sunday, November 4, 2007

Trey's Flu Free (we hope!)



"I got a shot today" sticker!!!
11.14.07
I just had a patient the other week who's husband died last year of the Influenza Virus. Yes, he was in his 90's, but they say it is the most dangerous for the young AND the old! So, Trey fitting in the young category, and because I am around sick people two days out of the week, I made an appointment for his flu shot. I think Justin AND my mom think I am the meanest mother there is for inflicting pain on Trey intentionally, but I knew Trey was tough!
I explained to him prior to the big ordeal that a nurse was going to come in. She was going to "wash" his skin off with special soap, take a long thin needle and pinch his leg for 5 seconds (and I would pinch his leg, NOT HARD-I promise-for 5 seconds) and then the shot would be over. So, when the time approached, Trey became a little nervous as we got him situated, but he barely even winced! I was amazed and so proud!
My mom thinks Trey has not sense of pain because she was astonished at how well he did. The nurse even commented on how great Trey did saying, "Trey, you are one of the best patients I have ever had." (who knows HOW many kids she has said that to, but in my head, Trey is one of the only!!!!!HA!) With a sucker in his mouth and a cute band aid and sticker, we were off, as if nothing had happened!

No comments: