Sunday, November 4, 2007

Settler's Park and Picnic Lunch

11.2.07
Friday afternoon, Trey and I met up with the Bledsoe Bunch for a picnic lunch in the Settler's Park. (Justin was in a two day seminar/class for certification in Project Management, so we missed him on this adventure!) James' and Tina's clan had never been, but by the looks on their faces, I think they enjoyed themselves. Larry and Marie treated us to a yummy Wendy's lunch (thanks for the delicious food!!!) and then the kids were off. Trey really loves the park's special swings. Settler's Park is made for all abilities, disabilities and anything in between. They have these huge swings for people who maybe can't sit up on their own or are in wheelchairs. Trey and Nora enjoyed taking turns!






Jacob, the day before his baptism!

After all that eating and playing, it was time for Trey and Larry, the Grandpa to take a nap, and for us three girls (Grandma Marie, Nora and I) to do some shopping. I hadn't been in the new JC Penny in Nampa and Marie had wanted me to stop in with her. I am so glad I did! I found a CUTE jacket (that actually Nora bought as well. Yes, she is 9 and I am 27, but they make PLUS sizes in the little girls department!) and some shirts for Trey I had been looking for!

We then met up with Justin at Kathrine (sp?) Albertson Park for our family pictures. Larry and Marie have a great eye for photographs, and it is MUCH easier to have someone entertaining Trey (NORA to the rescue!) and someone else taking the pictures! Marie said this park brought back memories. This was where Justin had his senior pictures taken and she hadn't been back for years! It is a beautiful park, especially at this time of year!

Trey and Nora (FYI, this coat Nora is wearing is the same one I bought!!!)


Nora, Larry, the Grandpa, Grandma Marie and Trey


These ducks literally followed us throughout part of the park!

Our evening ended in Downtown Boise at Pollo Rey with some great Mexican Food and even better company! We chatted and laughed, we really enjoyed ourselves.
Justin and Larry drove to Wally World and picked up some ice cream and Nora, Trey, Marie and I drove home. With ice cream and Mexican Food in our bellies, we made out like bandits and hit the sack in no time flat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love all the pics. We really missed you guys in Bend. Wish that you could have been there. Looks like you all had a great time trick or treating. I absolutly love Trey's Dragon Fly Costume. It is so cute.