Thursday, April 3, 2008

Flat Bread Community Oven

3.20.08
Thanks to my sweet co-worker Shelly, Trey and I took our friends to the cutest little Pizza Joint EVER! Shelly had taken her neice a few weeks earlier, and she said we just had to take Trey. The place lets the kids make their own pizzas. When I heard this, I thought it would be a great place to take them. I made sure to make reservations for the the earliest possible time, and sure enough, we were the only ones in the place. Our waitress Alyssa was so perfect, she took our pictures, let the kids go crazy with their pizzas, and then let us watch the pizzas being made in their "community oven." What an experience!


#1. Pizza dough, sauce and cheese comes out first.



#2. Trey didn't even want to touch the cheese at first, he detests cheese, but then saw his friends kindly spreading it over the sauce, and so then he got the hang of it.



#3. A quick picture thanks to our waitress


#4. One last picture of Angie and Beni, sans their new addition which will be arriving TOMORROW. Doesn't Angie look amazing? Beni's visor was a gift from us, it says, "Big Sis," and I am so sorry Angie, you will probably hate these pictures in the future, thanks to our cheesy visor.


#5. Off to the community oven goes our pizzas where we watch patiently.



#6. 3 minutes later, and our pizza is ready for eating!



After taking a picture of Trey tasting his pizza, he insisted on taking a picture of ME eating his pizza. Not the best picture of ME, but I would say, coming from a 2.5 year old, it is a pretty nice shot!



I had to take a picture of the kids in front of the seat cushions. LOVE the pattern!

After we had enough of pizza, we jaunted over to the greatest candy shop EVER! It is called Powell's Sweet Shoppe, and it is oh so sweet. EVERY type of candy imaginable is in that little shop of theirs. LOVED it, and so did the kids.

And so it is farewell to the Flat Bread Community Pizza, farewell to a pregnant Angie, farewell to Trey's long hair (a haircut came his way right after this lunch outing!), and farewell to our camera.

5 comments:

Angie Miller said...

AAAAA! Was I seriously that pregnant? Its not the visor I am horrified at - but the giant belly I am sporting.

We must go again to Flatbread - so fun!

Sara said...

That looks like the cutest little pizza place! You will have to fill me in on where it is, and I MUST visit that candy shop too!

Anonymous said...

Where is this place? I have some nephews that would LOVE to go!

Wendy said...

I had so much fun that day! We'll have to go again, especially to the candy shop.

Wendy said...

We had so much fun! We will definitely have to go again, especially to the candy store.