Monday, January 11, 2010

Gingerbread Boy Cookies

12.22.09
This year we planned on celebrating Christmas on the 23rd of December. It was my year to work on Christmas; thankfully my family is happy to celebrate Christmas, Thanksgiving, or Easter for that matter whenever we are in town. (Thank you family!!!)

After a night of jumping and eating pizza, we came back to the house and decorated Gingerbread Boy Cookies! My mom's sweet friend Satu brought "cookie kits," with the intent of my Mom decorating with her grandchildren. So sweet!

Trey thought each cookie needed to be doust in as many sprinkles as could possibly fit on the cookie. Santa sure got a sugar rush after tasting some of Trey's delicious cookies.

Derek got in on the fun of decorating. Trey was happy to be decorating cookies with Grandma Bend and one of the world's greatest uncles: Derek!
These were the cookies prior to being showered in sprinkles.
Grandma Bend's "job" was to frost the little guys.
Can you see through all of the sprinkles?!
Notice the cookie with all of the gumdrops? That is a dentists worst nightmare!

3 comments:

sauter signs off said...

No, the dentist would love the gumdrop cookie... more business for him! I loved the close-up of the cookies Rebecca. Please no close-ups of old grandma Bend!

Satu said...

Those are some mighty fine looking cookies! Glad you guys were able to utilize my gift. Thought I might have been too late. Your Mom is so lucky to have a sweet loyal daughter and such cute grandkids!

Satu said...

Those are some mighty fine looking cookies! Glad you guys were able to utilize my gift. Thought I might have been too late. Your Mom is so lucky to have a sweet loyal daughter and such cute grandkids!